Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Progress


Hello Family and Friends,

That big come-back that my son wrote in May was a little premature.
Tom hasn't been back in his motorcycle saddle since.

We are thankful that Tom is back to work. Light duty and not a full week. But, we are so very thankful. Today will be his first day back on patrol. (Prayers Please.)
He looks so handsome in his uniform.

Monday was his 2 month post radiation check-up. Doctor was hesitant to tell us that there is quite a bit more swelling than he would like to see. That explains why Tom continues to suffer pain and coughing attacks. That being said, we are so pleased with his endurance that he is slowly getting back for everyday living. He can mow the lawn and walk/run on the treadmill without having to rest. We even went on a short but fantastic trip to Yosemite last month.

We feel the hand of God daily!

My friend Trina who has one of the most wonderful hearts for the Lord... (Someday I want to grow up to be like her.) Said it best today,

May our eyes be fixed on Him, our heart longing for Him, and our thoughts focused on Him, seeking to glorify Him in all things.... content in what He has in our path!

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in need." Philippians 4:11-12

We love you Trina,
sabrina and family


1 comment:

Redondo Family said...

It's so nice when we can be..."content in what He has in our path"!!!! Every day brings something new for us to be content with and yet we need to remind ourselves constantly (I also want to be like Trina when I grow up).

I am convicted every time we sing the words "every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise, when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say - BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD"

We love you Tom, pray for you and am blessed by the way you turn everything back to the Lord in praise. Thanks for the wonderful example of a godly man and the example of a godly family.